- 1 medium (3 lb.) spaghetti squash
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter*
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan*
- Pierce the spaghetti squash all over with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave until fork-tender, 10-15 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Transfer the cooked spaghetti squash to a cutting board. Allow to rest until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the spaghetti squash open lengthwise. Use a spoon to remove the seeds and pulp from the middle and discard (or save the seeds and roast them).
- Rake a fork back and forth over the spaghetti squash halves, to remove its flesh in strands.
- Place the butter in a large saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat. When butter melts and starts to foam, add the spaghetti squash strands, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the spaghetti squash strands are well-coated, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cheese, sprinkling it evenly on top. Continue cooking and stirring, just until well-incorporated, 1-2 more minutes. Serve immediately.
*Depending on the size of your spaghetti squash, plan to use 1 tablespoon butter and 2 tablespoons (10 grams) Parmesan for each 1 cup (150 grams) serving of cooked spaghetti squash.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 cup; Calories: 189; Fat: 15g; Carbohydrates: 10g; Sugar: 4g;Sodium: 495mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 5g