- ⅓ cup (5 Tablespoons, 70 grams) extra virgin coconut oil
- ⅓ cup (5 tablespoons, 80 grams) natural almond butter
- 1½ cups (130 grams) unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (42 grams) 70% cocoa chocolate chips
- Place coconut oil and almond butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on low (“warm” setting) just until coconut oil has melted.
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer the mixture to food processor.
- Add the shredded coconut. Pulse to combine.
- Transfer the mixture back to the bowl. Use clean hands to mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture in a square 8-inch pan lined with wax paper (leave extra wax paper hanging on the sides for easier removal later). Press on it to spread it all over the pan and to make sure it adheres.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until set, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer, carefully lift into a cutting board, and use a sharp chef’s knife to cut into nine squares. Keep leftovers in fridge in an airtight container.
Sometimes I add 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder and 2 tablespoons honey to the mixture in the food processor, and omit the chocolate chips. Nutrition per serving for this option: 240 calories, 22g fat, 8g carbs, 4g sugars, 6mg sodium, 1g fiber, 3g protein.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 square; Calories: 250; Fat: 24g; Carbohydrates: 4g; Sugar: 0g;Sodium: 7mg; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 3g